Sunday 31 January 2016

The Unofficial Guide to being Parisian

I love the people of Paris and aspire to be as chic and poised as they are (no luck so far), but I haven’t been able to help noticing some of their funny, little quirks. I have only lived in Paris for four short months and therefore, I am in no way claiming to be an expert on this matter. I have not consulted any actual Parisians during the writing of this post and I certainly don’t intend for anybody to take these tips seriously. Finally, some, most, or even all of these points may apply to France in general, but as a lowly English person I am ignorant of this, so...deal with it. I have stayed away from the top three stereotypes - eat cheese, eat baguettes, drink wine. Though these are also essential. 

In no particular order:


1) Get a dog and take it everywhere















Parisians love their dogs. They take them shopping, to the hairdressers, everywhere!



2) Learn to speak sheep "baaah non!" "baaah ouais!"












If you want to be fluent in French 'bah' will pretty much get you there!



3) Go on strike 








It doesn't matter what job you have, or your reasoning. Strikes are a way of life.



4) Wear a scarf









Regardless of the season, a scarf is an essential part of any Parisian wardrobe.



5) Do everything with confidence









Whether it's leaping onto the metro before the doors shut or buying a baguette. Be like Tyra!



6) Don't go crazy with the make up 










Parisian women don't spend two hours caking on make up. Whack on some mascara and you're pretty much good to go. 


7) Don't smile too much...














Resting bitch face is perfectly acceptable here.


8) Don't make eye contact, especially on the metro













Only the crazy people look you in the eye...


There you have it guys, I'm sure I've missed lots out but tant pis! 

Thank you for reading
Bisous à tous
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment